- Unwanted grinding of teeth
- Movement of discs between joint
- Stress, which make the jaw muscles tight
Symptoms of TMD:
- Experience pain and tenderness in and around your face, neck, ear and shoulder
- Grating or clicking sounds in the jaw when you chew
- Toothaches, dizziness, hearing problems
- Uncomfortable bite
Temporomandibular disorders can be treated effectively by temporomandibular surgeries.
- Arthrocentesis: This is a minor procedure adopted when your jaws get locked. Here damaged or dislocated bone is corrected by using special tools.
- Arthroscopy: Here surgery is done using an arthroscope, therefore it is minimally invasive and leaves only small scars.
- Open-joint surgery: This surgery is recommended for the following conditions: Presence of tumors in and around joint, wearing down of jaw joint, presence of bone chips in gums etc.