Signs or Symptoms Associated with Dentofacial Deformity
- Upper jaw deficiency – upper jaw deficiency is an irregularity that can be detected from childhood. Here the upper jaw appears to be smaller than the lower jaw.
- Long face and gummy smile – an irregularity caused due to extended gums which are bigger than teeth and gives the look of a longer shaped face.
- Short face deformity – the face appears to be short due to a jaw irregularity.
- Jaw asymmetry – an irregularity caused due to disproportionate jaws.
- Open bite – an irregularity that occurs when the teeth in upper and lower jaw do not meet. This irregularity leaves a gap in teeth disabling the ability to close mouth completely.
- Lower jaw recession – the lower jaws appear to be behind its original position in this irregularity.
- Lower jaw protrusion – the lower jaw protrudes from its original position in this deformity.
- Lower jaw fracture – this is a case of dentofacial deformity that are caused due to accidents. Here the bone or jaw structures are impaired due to fracture of the bones.
Diagnosis of Dentofacial Deformity
Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org